Monday, February 11, 2008

angostura embitters

valley of ashes

the gerbil that runs on the grassified chain link fence wheel, and when it trips it jumpstarts the awakening of the clutterbots
they get beamed to the valley of ashes where they battle for the title of best clutter

experimental stop motion short film of clutter monsters - collect clutter from someone's apartment. brainstorm what monster could be made of as well as what it would use for weapons/powers.
it's like a homemakeover show that turns into a powerranger/godzilla spoof
real guests at beginning...
play off on japanese movies....as well as lifetime home design shows... as well as reality tv - yugioh - the homeowner has some power-integration of some sort with creature -
reality tv into fantasy spoof

another short film of a tv show idea - me and javi vespa-in it around the city and gay bar hopping. critiquing all the bad stereotypes but at the same time being horrible stereotypes ourselves - reflexivitiy - and questioning them all.

i think sometimes people just sit online - on the meetup websites or AIM - just staring at the sn's of people they wish they could talk to or be talked to by - and just stare away, wondering how to start a conversation and only thinking with the Vampire of Despair, "who do you think you're kidding?" - i think i think this of other people simply to validate the fact that i do it.

Old Sock Drawer > o, o, a, e > l, d, s, c, k, d, r, w, r > I give up ( http://www.mbhs.edu/~bconnell/cgi-bin/anagram.cgi?cpw=4&phrase=OldSockDrawer ) anagrams for this phrase seem infinite when you let the words be smaller than four letters.

I love maps. The act of simply laying things out (cut/pasting paper/computerizing the pieces to make a bigger map) and seeing where things are. I like being able to walk out of a subway and be able to just tell which way is which based on where i feel the sunlight coming from. Almost unconsciously. I like ancient cartography - the idea of making sense of things in a senseless world. I like orientating myself. I keep maps of all the parks and places I visit.
There was this story/fable/rhyme in my Science/Lit Seminar as sort of a tiny, italicized intro to one of the ten or so random books we read. The story essentially goes: an ancient civilization works to create the greatest map ever made, the map becomes greater and greater in size to encompass more and more detail. Make a long story short, the map literally outgrows the size of the kingdom itself, overlays it in a sense- thus, we arrive at our current state of affairs: the representation of something has gained a greater value than the thing itself. Do we really need to explore places that have already been mapped out and discovered - or, better yet - recreated in a virtual world?

Now, don't get me wrong. Up until now u (reader implied) probably think I'm a poor fool that sees no benefit in the unknown. There's nothing I love more than getting lost. In the literal sense. Maybe it provides the literal counterpart to an overarching internal feeling of disorientation (Ugh, is there EVER a moment I'm not psychoanalyzing myself?!). Regardless, I love maps but I also love getting lost.... not knowing my way, making my own maps in my head.

*Shrug* conjecture. click the little magnifying glass in your browser and begin (continue) your orientation of our virtual terrain.